||7 km away from Patna
||Khanqah Mujeebia, Sheesh Mahal, Shahi Sangi Masjid, Imarat Sharia
||Nearest Airport and Railway Station is Patna
Phulwari Sharif is an important medieval and religious city of Bihar. It is located seven kilometers away from the Patna. This place has a long and rich religious history that is closely attached with the birth and development of the Sufi culture in our country. Sufi saints of the medieval times had made Bihar one of the important centers of religious, social and cultural developments. Phulwari Sharif was one such place from where the Sufi saints had spread their message of love and toleration to other parts of the country. Being a very important mediaeval site in Phulwari Sharif has some exquisite mediaeval structures. These are Khanqah Mujeebia, Sheesh Mahal, Shahi Sangi Masjid and Imarat Sharia.
These structures clearly manifest the influence of Mughal architectural style. Among various structures here Sangi Masjid is an architectural master piece. It is not only influenced by Mughal style but also bears influences of local style of architecture prevalent in this region at that time. This beautiful mosque was built by Mughal Emperor Humayun. As the important characteristic of that period it is built in red sand stone. It is not only an attraction of Muslims but also for all tourists from all parts of the globe. The importance of Phulwari Sharif is also lies in being an important religious educational institution and popularly known for an inside Madrasa which has played a significant role in spreading education to the poor masses of the region.
Situated on the banks of the Ganga River, Maner is a city in Patna district of Bihar.
Maner is a city situated on the banks of the Ganges, in Patna district of the eastern state of Bihar. It is surrounded by Semariya and Koelwar to the west, Sherpur and Dighwara to the east, Bihta to the south and Doriganj to the north. It is located in the east of Patna at a distance of 29 km. The nearest airport is the Patna airport and the nearest railway station is the Patna Junction Railway Station. Geographically, the city is located between 25.65Â° North latitude and 84.88Â° East longitude at an average elevation of 54 metres (177 feet) above mean sea level.
Formerly, Maner was the meeting point of the Ganges and Son Rivers. Stepped in history, during the Mauryan rule, Maner was the western gate of Pataliputra now called Patna.
Detailed information of the city can be found in the Indian Census report of 2001. According to this report, Maner had a population of 26,912. Males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Maner, 19% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Maner is 52%, which is lower than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 61% and the female literacy rate is 42%.
Two prominent landmarks of the city are the mausoleum of the renowned Sufi saint of the 13th century Hazrat Makhdoom Yahiya Maner, and the tomb of his disciple, Shah Daulat. It is believed that the city is named after this saint. It is an important religious destination of the Muslims who visit this place during the Urs festival. The city is also famous for its sweets.
Gandhi Setu, built on River Ganges, is the longest bridge in the world. Read more on the Mahatma Gandhi Setu below.
Gandhi Setu was built to connect Patna with Hajipur. The bridge also connects north and south Bihar. The bridge is 5450 meters in length and the longest in the world. Gandhi Setu has helped in better traffic management and speedy transportation in the entire region.
Mahatma Gandhi Setu stands on forty piers and for better navigational purposes the span arrangement has been done in such a manner that it does not affect the movement of ships and big boats. To accommodate free movement of ships, height has been kept optimum except for the last few spans on the Hajipur side, which covers a length of 305 m. An excellent specimen of better plan and execution, Gandhi Setu has served an example.